Health & Safety Policy
This policy sets out the BCAS Biomed commitment to occupational Health and Safety. BCAS Biomed is committed to providing Health and Safety in the workplace for all staff and all those who work on its behalf and their representatives.
- Performing risks assessment in order to identify and eliminate hazards and reduce the OH&S risks.
- Engaging staff to participate in identifying potential hazards
- Communicating any potentially dangerous situations
- Implementing solutions to reduce incidents
- Assuring the correct and adequate training is provided to perform tasks
- Providing adequate personal protective equipment
- Be aware of any risk situation
- Perform risk assessments in order to prevent accidents
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of all staff
- Prevent occupational incidents
- Engage our partners to keep a safe workplace for their employees
The environment and procurement of goods, works and services has a significant impact on our performance as a business. This policy applies to BCAS Biomed and our supply chain, including suppliers, sub-contractors and product manufacturers. BCAS Biomed is a company that provides services for the maintenance and repair of equipment for the NHS, emergency services and private healthcare sector.
We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our activities and thereby contribute to sustaining the environment.
- Comply with the legal requirements applicable to our activities
- Preserve and protect the environment through investment in new technologies and solutions to our business
- Identify, reduce, control and when possible, eliminate the impact of our activities on the environment
- Engage our partners to develop and implement environmental best practices
- Promote environmental best practices in our business
- Knowing our environmental aspects and impacts allow us to develop more effective controls and solutions in order to protect the environment.
- Mobility is a key instrument for our business and to make it more efficient and reduce the environmental impact, we are gradually changing the fleet vehicles from petrol to hybrid and electric, to reduce our CO2 emissions.
- Waste management became a global issue with a real potential to degrade the environment. Our solution to reduce waste is to continuously find solutions to prolong the life cycle of the Trusts’ equipment. When this is not possible, our compromise involves providing the appropriate disposal method to assure the protection of the environment.
- Paperless is one of our goals and to achieve it we are investing in solutions and infrastructure to turn our business into a more sustainable and digital process.
- Complying with legal requirements is our duty and to fulfill our obligations, we are regularly evaluating the environmental legislation in order to ensure our compliance.
- Education is an instrument to transform people and to improve the society well-being and we are regularly providing information to our staff and partners on our environmental best practices.