Equipment Standardisation Programme
How does it work?
Our expertise in management of medical devices provides our clients with the opportunity to achieve significant cost and efficiency benefits for managing their existing fleet of assets. Again, utilising our HEMS Asset Management System , we evaluate the equipment typology, variations, performance, reliability, and whole life costs within the inventory to assess suitability to incorporate an equipment standardisation solution.
The evaluation considers all aspects of the devices under review:
- Equipment type
- Variations in equipment OEM/Models
- Age profile
- Technology (i.e. how long until obsolete?)
- Sustainability and quality
- User experience (i.e. are end-users comfortable with using the equipment?)
- Running costs for parts and maintenance
- OEM support
- Supply Chain Management
- Whole life costs – parts, consumables, accessories, life-expectancy
- Cost for replacement
- Risks (equipment, user training, clinical)
Standardised equipment and procedures for all departments
- Reduced training costs
- Reduced risk
- Improved workflow efficiency
- Improved compliance with CQC and MHRA
Increased efficiency for biomedical support and maintenance
- Simplified analysis requirements, testing and maintenance processes
Standardisation of supportive supplies
- Lower numbers of maintenance resources required for proper operation
- Volume discounts help to minimise operating expense
Value for money
- Improved purchase prices thanks to bulk buying discounts, along with the above cost-saving benefits keep overall costs down
As a vendor-neutral organisation, our clients can expect complete independence from the influences of manufacturers. We will negotiate on your behalf, remain totally independent, and deliver the best equipment solutions based on your needs and budget, with patient safety being prioritised.
All work carried out will be recorded on HEMS to ensure a high-detail audit trail is maintained.